Thursday, March 14, 2013

English Haiku 7

This set of English haiku represents the last from my current exploration of the form. I will certainly return to it sometime in the future, but for now, it's time to move on to something else.

In these entries, though I did still stick to 5-7-5, I abandoned any sincere attempt to be profound. These haiku were pure fun. Not that I didn't have fun composing the others, but these were intentionally lighthearted in nature; I'm just playing with meter here, basically.

I know I've posted a lot of haiku since starting this blog, and that's one reason why I feel it's time to move on to another form. But given the shortness of the form, any given session during this exploration produced several poems at a time. Obviously if I had posted only one haiku per entry, I'd be sharing nothing but haiku for the next several months, and I didn't want to do that. I won't be as prolific with longer forms here on the blog, probably sticking to one at a time. Tune in next week for that.

But until then, enjoy these, the last of my haiku for this first exploration.

Baltimore Ravens.
Bringers of many heartaches.
All is forgiven.

(This one was written after the Super Bowl, but before the free agency self-slaughter.)

*

Major League Baseball.
Spring training games do not count.
I watch anyway.

*

Late night TV shows.
E.A.S. interruptions.
Safety first, I guess.

*

Ty Unglebower.
Writer of several haiku.
More to come someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment