Tuesday, March 12, 2013

English Haiku 6

More somewhat less traditional English haiku from my recent exploration. Again, I've kept to the 5-7-5 meter, but have departed from the theme of nature.



Pencil to paper,
Forming words from heart and mind.
Poets brethren.

*

Schoolgirl, age fifteen.
Wind drying tears on her face.
Time drying her heart.

*

Statue of Hermes
Standing by in all weather
Imparts a message.

*

Sleeping on a couch
A young woman with arms crossed
Settles all disputes.

*

Sede vacante.
Benedict the Sixteenth lives.
New ground for the church.

*

Empty theater.
Shadows of thousands of plays.
Not truly empty.

*

Long forgotten bridge.
Duck with duckling caravan.
Only they can cross.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this one in particular:

    "Sleeping on a couch
    A young woman with arms crossed
    Settles all disputes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm fond of that one myself.

    ReplyDelete