Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sonnet 15

This sonnet is of the same rhyme scheme as the previous sonnet of the Italian form. I find the form fascinating for reasons I got into in the last entry. I hope to do more of this pattern in a future exploration of the form, and I almost did so during this exploration, but next week will be my last sonnet for a while.

Until then, though, here is another in the Italian form. I find this one slightly better than my last one.

*

Apologies to those who would not care.
Within their mind, I never did them wrong.
Contrition from my heart would not belong.
Relationships that do not need repair.
Yet soon my life shall change. I must prepare.
My soul begins to sing a different song.
A fondness past that absence did prolong
Is now replaced by something that is rare.
My former loves for years had filled my dreams.
I'd conjure them when I was feeling weak.
I now relinquish my heart's hold on all.
(Save one who loves me truly now, it seems.)
Forgive me, Memories. I must withdraw.
No more your warm embraces will I seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment