Thursday, February 21, 2013

Welcome.


As I mentioned a few days ago on my main website, TyUnglebower.com, I have recently gotten back into writing poetry. This blog will be, as you can tell, a place for me to share what I come up with.
For now, most of what I plan to write will be form poetry with structured patterns. This will allow me to play with language, and set specific goals. But if the mood strikes me, I will also post some free form stuff as well.
To begin with, I will probably concentrate on one particular form for a while, and post some of the results of that exploration here. In time, the postings may be more random.
I’m not setting a specific schedule for posting of the next poem or group of poems. One of the points of my getting back into poetry after a long absence is to be easy on obligation, and high on creativity. I’ll attempt to follow the rules of certain poetry forms, as I said, but other than that, I want my poetry, and this site dedicated to it, to be a low-stress affair.
So subscribe or check back often. You never know when I will post the next poem. (Well, this time you will know, since I’m telling you I will be posting the first selections later today, so look for it.)
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment