Tuesday, February 26, 2013

English Haiku 2

As you can probably imagine, I tend to write several haiku at one time, given their brevity. So I've also decided to post several at a time. Each of them are stand alone works for now, that is to say they were not written with a particular sequence in mind, and so are not presented as such here. In fact, the haiku I post together here were not always written in the same session. But all were written since I began this renewed interest in poetry. Here are some more:


Sunshine in April
Melting residual snow.
Almost warm enough.

*

A hawk on a limb
Head hardly ever moving
Still sees what it needs.

*

Distant thunderstorm.
Small herd of cattle cloistered.
Pain in old mens' knees.

*

Neighboring meadow
Home to many fireflies.
Starry nights concede.

*

Fire in my hearth.
Shadows on friendly faces.
The presence of God.

*

Misty forest path.
A wild turkey crosses.
My steps are profane.

*

Eye to eye with deer.
Close enough to hear them snort.
They do me honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment