Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Acrostic 2

This acrostic isn't complex, but isn't obvious either. Look long enough, however, and you will see the message. I may do more than one of my name, but for today, enjoy this one.

I will say the goal was to keep each line to ten syllables, just for the sake of some sort of perimeters.

I did resort to breaking up lines in the middle of sentences. Many poets doe this, but I usually regard it as hackneyed and a bit of a cheat. But for this, and because I'm trying to experiment a bit, I allowed it.

*

These things are true; I'm behind, alone, scared.

Words from others, and from my former selves

Are the blades, bullets, bombs of my regrets.

But, with patience, love and faith in myself,

Reflections of my best intentions and

Of those of other people will dispel

Shadows of my past, as well as nightmares

Of my present. Then shall the future show

Me that I'm: ahead. With friends. Courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment