Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Limericks (Group 3)

This is the last group of limericks I will be doing. At least for this exploration. They were a nice, fun break, after the long, and sometimes intensive concentration that the sonnets required. (Though I will say finding rhymes that are also humorous, as per these limericks, or not as easy as it may appear. Probably why the form has endured for all these years.) Next week I will have moved on to a new form. But I have had a lot of innocent fun with these limericks, and will certain return to writing them again someday.

*

I painted a capital "A"
On the roof of my condo one day.
My Mom said to me, "Will you now paint a "B"?
And I told her, "Not until May."

*

If ever you travel to Maine
And meet a masseuse named Lorraine,
Bid her good day, then run far away.
I know her. She's clearly insane.

*

As an actor I fall into rage
At people (regardless of age)
That let their phone ring and don't silence the thing
While I try to perform on the stage.

*

I wonder if all of the ducks
Could fit into all of the trucks.
We'll never find out beyond shadows of doubt,
And I really think that kind of sucks.

*

Writing limericks should always be fun.
Your stress level drops down to none.
No need for "sublime". You need only to rhyme.
Four silly lines, and you're done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment